Tuesday, July 22, 2008

This will be sparse.

We have started writing as a band now for the next album, meaning that I am entering a very busy period. As a result, posts here will be less frequent, and for that I apologize. So here is a quick one before we head off to practice...

Sixteen Horsepower - "Brimstone Rock"

This is an old(ish), haunting country-indie gem. I was introduced to these guys in college by my roommate, a 30-year old fellow philosophy major, who at least once, although I think twice, was arrested for vandalism/drunkenness, and yet is one of the sweetest people I know.

One specific story is worth telling: in our town of San Luis Obispo, someone thought it artistic to have various artists make their own colorful versions of a 4-foot plaster fish, each of which was installed throughout the downtown area. Many of these were hideous, and in general we all kept wondering, "Why fish?" One night, my roommate and a cohort drunkenly removed one of these fish from the cement, and carried it halfway across downtown, abandoning it outside a bar. They were quickly (and easily) caught, and I remember him having to go to court, but I don't think he did any jail time...

Don't you dare, boy / Think my Lord hath done forgotten, no... -- buy on iTunes

-Dan

No comments: