Saturday, January 16, 2010

Best of '09

It's a little late, but I made a little "Best of '09" list, and a mix to go with it (in case you want to try one or two of these out). To be honest, I wasn't on top of new music like I would have liked to have been this year. We made a record and I got married; so I'm positive that there is a bunch of great stuff that I never gave a chance this year -- if you think there is something missing from this list, there probably is. Anyway, enjoy!

"14 from '09"
1. M. Ward - Hold Time
2. Passion Pit - Manners
3. The-Dream - Love Vs. Money
4. Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion
5. mewithoutYou - it's all crazy! it's all false! it's all a dream! it's alright
6. Japandroids - Post-Nothing
7. Relient K - Forget And Not Slow Down
8. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - It's Blitz!
9. The Pains of Being Pure At Heart - s/t
10. Manchester Orchestra - Everything To Nothing
11. The Antlers - Hospice
12. Mando Diao - Give Me Fire
13. Switchfoot - Hello Hurricane
14. The Temper Trap - Conditions

Here is a link to the mix: https://www.yousendit.com/download/VGljblFOR0ZtUUVLSkE9PQ

Blessings,
Dan

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I always have a hard time sorting through what is 2009 as the timing never seems to stick with me. I have to heartily agree with 7 and 13. I really haven't listened to most of the rest of them. You are probably doing better than I on keeping up lately.

You did leave of Qu, though. ;) LOL

Loretta said...

Great list!
Love Passion Pit!!
David's fav song from mewithoutYou is "The King Beetle on a Coconut Estate". . . heavy message there!!
Manchester Orchestra will be playing The Showbox mid March.
Hope you're having a great time!! Blessings to you and J!!!

Rachel said...

it told me the download limit was reached :(